Monday, June 15, 2009

Life's Little Ironies

I don't know. What i do know is, that it is not one of the best ways one can start a new blog post or any piece of writing for that matter. But Yeah, I don't know and yet, I do care. I care for the things that happen around me and as a consequence I care for the people who are responsible for things that happen around me. I am neither an egoist nor an egotist. I'm not superior to anyone of you. I might be more intelligent but then it hardly matters if i score a 130 on a IQ test on which my fellows score a 120. Seriously, IQ tests mean shit. I'm also not more emotionally sound than anyone of you. Different things appeal to different people and they react differently. Simply, it is just that. There is only I thing i have found in which I find myself above most of the people I've ever met. It is common sense. Well you might argue then, that if i say that different things appeal to different people which in turn implies that they react differently implies that their judgement varies. Well, no doubt it is correct, but a correct judgement is something which one can defend if the need be. If somebody fails to defend that, then it should be pronounced as false judgement. Correct?

Okay so this is precisely what has been happening. It has happened on numerous occasions, people around me have time and again failed to justify their actions to me. The way people react to crunch situations; situations that demand not only their intellectual judgement but their emotional judgement, more often than not puts me in shock. Well the 'Guru's' teach us to accept people as they are, so
that's what i am doing Sir, but only with a slight modification. In my mind that person lacks common sense, i accept that person as he is, lacking this sense of judgement. I can't and therefore i won't try to make him understand my feelings. Let him be the way he is, if he can't understand me, there is no point wasting my time on him. Sir, in some cases 'Ignorance IS bliss' and this is just one place the saying fits in beautifully.

In fact to some extent my opinions don't even matter to you. Right? Well neither do yours. I just live by my philosophies, i keep building and rebuilding them over time. I keep walking on this 'Circle of Progress' just like everyone else. Every time i walk myself out of a tricky situation, a more graver one reappears. I improve, update and upgrade myself every time but life's like that, it keeps you poking in the ass time and again. This way i justify the 'Circle of Progress'. I'm sure my philosophy doesn't appeal to everyone and thankfully it does not coz i don't want to end up living my life as a preacher. Look for whatever works for you and as long as you can defend it, you are in for an awesome life.

Remarkably it appears that i have left quite a few loopholes in whatever i have said above. Its pretty evident the only person to whom you must be defending your philosophies is yourself only. But then you can't go on living a life that surrounds only you. No, that is selfish. There will always be people around who really matter to you and to whom you matter. It is in front of those people that you should be able to defend yourself if the need be. Failing in which, with all the respect, in my opinion, that person just lacks judgment, simply lacks COMMON SENSE.

Thanks for your time, and patience. Ta Ta.

8 comments:

  1. I agree and as they say "Common sense aint common anymore".But I would say that their is a very thing line between sub conscience and your definition of common sense,which isnt visible clearly at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think (its just what i think, its not the truth, its not what is true, nor what is false, its simply what i choose to write) you should change your point of view and look it from the point of view of the person or a group you are talking about. What if everything you decided for your selfs as the principles for living kept on falling apart and you inside your heart knew what i m relying upon might fall and even then you had no choice but to follow them. And if you dont get any of this then i think i missed your point :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah didn't get it all. End of discussion dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. give us some instances where people around you failed because of their alleged lack of common sense. let the blogosphere be the judge. do you dare?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "the only person to whom you must be defending your philosophies is yourself only"

    three cheers to you man..!

    one of the most thoughtful posts by you.comes as more-of-a-priviledge,for them out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Akash : Its a privilege to see such beautiful and encouraging comments, even now "_"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I don't think I know you, but yes, my blog isn't a pretense, neither is yours. Well written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pixie: Thanks a lot. I just loved what u wrote and just had to, had to comment. Couldn't stop myself!

    ReplyDelete